- Publication date
- Orange Open Movie Project Studio
"Elephants Dream is the story of two strange characters exploring a capricious and seemingly infinite machine. The elder, Proog, acts as a tour-guide and protector, happily showing off the sights and dangers of the machine to his initially curious but increasingly skeptical protege Emo. As their journey unfolds we discover signs that the machine is not all Proog thinks it is, and his guiding takes on a more desperate aspect.
Elephants Dream is the world’s first open movie, made entirely with open source graphics software such as Blender, and with all production files freely available to use..."
Included in the files are:
See the credits page on the official website for credits and notes about the team.
- Contact Information
- See <a href="http://elephantsdream.org/">the official website</a> for more information.
- 2008-07-04 03:35:02
- Bassam Kurdali
- © Copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
The movie “Elephants Dream” and all data on the DVDs and almost all of the contents on this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution license. In short, this means you can freely reuse and distribute this content, also commercially, for as long you provide a proper attribution.
The attribution is either one of the following cases
1) For the orange.blender.org website and files on the DVD ROMs:
Blender Foundation | www.blender.org
2) If you screen or broadcast the entire movie and/or documentary:
Include the entire credits roll in ending.
3) If you re-use (or screen, broadcast) parts of the movie or documentary itself, or duplicate the DVDs:
© copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
4) Some of the texture files on the DVDs have an own Creative Commons attribution, these are indicated clearly.
5) The additional soundtrack audio files on this website are distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 license. See the original announcement for details.
This is the first time such a large collection of files get launched under ‘the commons’, and therefore still a bit complex to grasp what to credit when exactly. The guidelines above are just meant to ensure that attribution happens in a reasonable way. If in doubt, use the third choice above.
Excluded from the Creative Commons is:
- all logos on this website (including Blender logo, Orange logo, Creative Commons logo) and associated trademarks
- the DVD cover (inlay) and DVD disc print
Subject: VERY COOL..!!!!!
Subject: Fine Indie animated short
Subject: I thought it was leading to something
Subject: A FAN.......?
WILL WATCH PART DOS TO SEE IF I CAN GATHER WHAT IS GOIN' ON.
Subject: I LOVE THIS VIDEO
Uploaded by Unknown on